Introducing Our New Video Course
We’re trying to fill the knowledge gap with our newest video course, designed to make it a bit easier for you to compare the policies and limits listed on your tenant COIs to what insurance is required by your leases. Our work helping property management teams at some of the largest CRE brands in the U.S has allowed us to observe some topics even the most experienced PMs struggle with, including:
- The difference between personal injury and personal advertising injury
- What kind of accidents are covered by damage to rented premises limits as opposed to property insurance
- How to review Workers’ Compensation limits in stop-gap and monopolistic states
Run into issues with any of these in the past? We’ve gotten great feedback from customers on how these videos helped them navigate tricky language in leases. This course has been developed in conjunction with our team of lease extraction experts who have incorporated their learnings into a series of easy-to-understand videos. Interested in seeing what it’s all about? This excerpt of the course features Alex Kario, Senior Director of Auditing Operations here at Jones, talking through the aforementioned difference between personal advertising injury and personal injury. Let’s dive in.
Want to get early access to our course today?
What’s Covered Under Personal Advertising Injury and How Does it Appear in Leases?
Personal advertising injury:
- Covers intangible damages like violation of privacy, libel, or copyright infringement
- Has its own row on a COI in the general liability section
- Is how legal professionals refer to a much broader class of claims that encompasses injury or death, physical ailments, physical injuries, as well as the intangible, injuries
- Does not directly align with the terminology found on the COI
- Should be taken to mean bodily injury, which is represented on the “Each Occurrence” row
When reviewing leases for personal advertising injury you should:
- Look for terminology indicating the limit goes towards intangible damages including slander, kidnapping, false imprisonment, or violation of privacy
- Not extract any limit that contains verbiage around physical injury, including bodily injury or injury to persons
Sign Up for Early Access Today
The first two chapters of our new course are ready and available for early access today, with the next chapters to roll out over the course of the next few weeks alongside complementary course materials. These initial chapters offer an in-depth two part look into General Liability, and are a must watch for any property manager. Click here to get access today.
Jones is the COI management solution that helps property management teams derisk their properties with better certificate of insurance collection, review, and communication of gaps. We work with leading CRE brands like JLL, ESRT, and the Gaedeke Group to help them reduce insurance risk across their portfolios. Get in touch with us via the form below to learn more about how Jones can help your organization better protect itself from insurance risk.