The 5 Best Apps for Contractorsby Caitlin Snow October 9th, 2018
The right app can do wonders for your business. Whether it helps you bill your clients, keeps track of your employees or saves you a buck, a good app can be a real life saver. Here are five of the best apps for contractors that can help you and your business grow and flourish.
Estimates and Invoices: Joist
While you can always go to Quickbooks, which is common and popular, Joist tailors itself to contractors and can provide some additional features that put them at the top of the field. Joist can be used for onsite estimates, project management, payment tracking and invoices.
- Include your company logo for professional estimates and invoices
- Compile a list of your frequently used items for quick estimates
- Quick emailing or printing of estimates and invoices
- Easy conversion from estimate to invoice
- Client information and project management
- Export data directly to your accounting program
From the developers of Quickbooks, Tsheets helps you easily schedule your workers and track their hours.
You can build schedules by shift or by task, using easy drag and drop. The schedule is automatically exported to your employees. They’ll also receive push notifications about new shifts or shift changes via the app.
Using the time tracking function, your employees can track shifts quickly and easily, with handy shift reminders and overtime alerts to keep everyone on the same page. Employees can use their desktop, laptop, or mobile phone using the app, text messaging or dial in.
- Facial recognition to avoid buddy punching and GPS to track employees while they’re on the job
- Ensure proper practice with reminders for breaks and clock outs
- Choose manual entry, clock in or customizable and submit timesheets via the app
- Sync schedules directly to Apple iCal, Microsoft Outlook or Google Calendar
Price: $20 + $5/user per month – $100 + $5/user per month (Discounts available for new users and annual subscriptions.
Safety: Red Cross First Aid
This app provides instructions for first-responder skills. You can get videos and step-by-step instructions on how to care for broken bones, strains, sprains, and more.
Construction is one of the most dangerous industries to work in. The “fatal four” are responsible for more than 500 construction worker deaths each year. Knowing how to handle those injuries quickly and correctly on the job site can be the difference between life and death.
- Videos, quizzes, and illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Easy-to-use Spanish language toggle for Spanish-speaking workers.
- 911 integration lets you can call for emergency services, directly from the app, so you can continue administering aid while calling.
- Additional safety tips for everything from heat waves to chemical exposure to help you prepare for emergencies.
- Quickly and easily locate the nearest hospital using your current location.
Money Saving: GasBuddy
Although GasBuddy is not specifically a construction app, it can save you money and that is something we can all appreciate. It show you where to find the least expensive gas by location. It uses gas price information provided by its community of 70 million users.
- A Gas Price Map shows you where the least expensive gas is in relation to your location.
- Enter to win free gas! The more you use the app, the better your chances.
- Earn points and achievements for your involvement in the GasBuddy community.
- Information is updated in real time, so you’ll never miss out on the lowest prices.
Management: Autodesk BIM 360
Autodesk BIM 360 is a field management app that enables programs for quality, safety, commissioning, and documentation, including building information management (BIM).
The app allows teams to make management programs and store information in one easy-to-access place. With mobile technology at the construction site, you can organize your team more efficiently and handle problems as they arise.
- Simple, customizable templates help your team collaborate and track projects.
- Pushpin markers mark and record the exact field location and include details of any issues found in the field.
- Web-based reporting helps turn data collected in the field into information that assists in management, ensures better safety, and minimizes risk for contractors.
- Reports and dashboards allow users to easily share information with everyone on the project and quickly identify trends and measure quality.
Green building is construction that protects, benefits or at least doesn’t harm the environment and it can help you grow your business.
Many have tried to find a solution that saves people time and improves accuracy in cutting in. One such tool that promises to cut in quickly and accurately is the Accubrush.
You only just caught up on the eco-friendly building fad. Now we have to build buildings that aren’t trying to kill their occupants, too??